There’s constant tug-of-war between I&O and the business. But nobody ever wins.
I&O is between a rock and a hard place – sustaining what the business needs, while trying to deliver everything it wants. Stakeholders rarely understand and only ask for more. Without hard facts, I&O is left unarmed to manage the conversation.
Find a rational balance between business demand and infrastructure supply with Nicus.
Monitor and manage private, public, and on-prem costs in one place
- Enter vendor account credentials and automatically aggregate, tag, and map billing information
- Normalize cost data across all vendors and infrastructure – then analyze options in a standard cost model
- Get detail-level reporting to understand and manage consumption by application, infrastructure, or business unit
- Marry disparate cloud and on-prem siloes to avoid overspend, stop redundancy, inform migration decisions, and uncover chances for optimization
Govern usage with facts and promote shared accountability
- Use analytic insights to enforce rule-based governance and right-sizing of resources
- Fight cloud sprawl and unmanaged I&O resources with total cost transparency
- Guide internal consumer demand with automated showback or chargeback and self-service reporting of consolidated cloud costs
- Give service managers direct visibility into costs and what’s driving them – encouraging open dialogue and shared ownership with both internal IT stakeholders and the overall business
Drive optimization of existing and future spend to support modernization
- Calculate and forecast costs based on business demand with cost modeling and what-if scenarios – accounting for all build and run costs in requests and approvals
- Frequently audit costs vs. utilization to reduce run spend and redirect savings to modernization
- Discover underutilized or idle instances and on-prem resources, and quickly act to harvest savings
- Expose areas of under or over-investment by benchmarking costs against a variety of industry peer datasets
Speak with an ITFM expert
Skip the sales speech and speak directly with an ITFM expert about your challenges